Work Permit for IT Workers

I IRCC may issue Work Permit for IT workers and they may qualify for a Facilitated Process. IT/Tech workers are in great demand in Canada because of tremendous growth of IT/Tech industry in Canada.

Work Permit – Your Options

You can benefit from Labour Market Impact Assessment based work permit if you have an employer in Canada who is willing to offer you a job and get a positive LMIA for you.  A positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) will show that there is a need for a foreign worker to fill the job. It will also show that no Canadian worker or permanent resident is available to do the job. A positive LMIA is sometimes called a confirmation letter. There is a facilitated process available for eligible IT workers through Global Talent Stream.

The IT workers from the US and Mexico can benefit from New NAFTA called USMCA work permit without going through an LMIA process.

You may also be eligible for LMIA exempt Work Permit through Intra Company Transferee (ICT) program if you are working for an IT company which has a business operation in Canada.

In some cases, you may work in Canada without a Work Permit as a Business Visitor.

Please contact us for more information