You must meet some basic requirements to get a visitor visa. You must:
- have a valid passport or travel document
- be in good health
- have no criminal or immigration-related convictions
- have proof of ties to your country of your residence or Citizenship such as a job, home, financial assets, family ties which show that you would leave Canada at the end of your visit
- have enough money for your stay: the amount of money you will need depends on how long you will stay and if you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives.
- You may also need a medical exam and letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.
You can apply for a visitor visa online or on paper. In most cases, you now need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) after you apply.
Avoid processing delays. Incomplete applications are returned to you. Applying online helps ensure your application is complete before you submit it.
Your application would be processed by IRCC to check and to make sure you have all the documents you need. Your application may be returned if it is incomplete. You may also be called for an interview, requested to send more documents, request to provide medical examination or get a police clearance certificate. If your application is approved, the visa will be stamped inside your passport.
Your Arrival in Canada
A valid visitor visa and travel document doesn’t guarantee that you can enter Canada.
When you arrive, IRCC will check your identity to make sure that you’re the same person who was approved to travel to Canada.
If you pass the identity check and meet the entry requirements, the border services officer may stamp your passport or let you know how long you can stay in Canada. You’re normally allowed to stay in Canada for up to 6 months. In some cases, the officer may limit or extend your time in Canada to cover the planned purpose of your visit. Ask questions if you’re not sure about something.
How to get started?
Three easy steps to study in Canada as an International Student:
- VisaOne Canada will help you to determine your eligibility and type of Temporary Resident Visa if you need one
- We would guide you to gather all documents required to process your application
- We would represent you by processing your application and subsequent follow up until the decision on your application is made
Simply fill out our online assessment form or contact us