Parents and Grandparents Super Visa provide a privilege to Parents and Grandparents of Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents to visit their children or grandchildren for consecutively up to 2 years without the need to renew their status. It’s a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years.
The Parents and Grandparents must apply for a Super Visa from outside Canada and can not include their dependants in this application.
The applicants who don’t need a visitor visa to enter Canada, can still get a super visa to stay in Canada for up to 2 years. These applicants would be issued a letter that they can present upon arrival in Canada. However, if travelling and also need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) separately to allow them to travel and to enter Canada.
Requirements for Super Visa applicants
To be eligible for a super visa, you must:
- Provide a proof that you are the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- Provide a proof of a signed Invitation Letter from your child or grandchild that includes a promise of financial support for the length of your visit, the list and number of people in the household of this person and a copy of this person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document
- Provide a proof of having a medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that is valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry and have at least $100,000 coverage
Requirements for Super Visa Sponsors (Child or Grandchild)
To be eligible to support a Super Visa application of your parents and Grandparents, you must:
- Provide a proof of relationship to your child or grandchild, a Birth Certificate or any other relevant document
- Provide a proof of signed Invitation Letter for your Parents or Grandparents
- Provide a proof of medical insurance for your parents or Grandparents from a Canadian insurance company
- Provide a proof that you have enough money for your Parents or Grandparents. You can provide your Bank statements for the last 3 months
- Provide a Proof of Financial support that their household meets the minimum necessary income. You can provide your Notice of Assessment (NOA) or T4/T1 for the most recent tax year or Employment Insurance stubs or employment letter including salary and date of hiring or pay stubs
Minimum Income Requirement Table
Effective from January 1 to December 31, 2019
|Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)|
|Size of Family Unit||Minimum necessary gross income|
|1 person (your child or grandchild)||$25,338|
|More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add||$6,827|
The Super Visa is applied to the Visa Office serving applicant’s place of residence. The applicants can apply online or on paper. In most cases, the applicants now need to give their fingerprints and photo (biometrics) after they apply. The Super Visa applicants are also required to undergo medical examination. The Visa Application Centres (VAC) provide Biometrics and Medical examination services for IRCC.
There are several factors considered for the issuance of Super Visa like the ties to home country, the purpose of visit, family ties, finances travel history and the overall economic and political stability of your home country
If you would like to know more about Parents and Grandparents Super Visa, please call us at 1 (905-267-3331 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply fill out our contact form.