How IRCC rank your Express Entry profile
IRCC creates a pool of candidates under Express Entry System who may be eligible to immigrate to Canada permanently.
You must be eligible for one of the immigration programs in Express Entry to get into the pool. You get points based on the information in your profile, including your skills and experience.
To be chosen from the pool and invited to apply, you need to have one of the highest-ranking scores when we send out invitations. If you are invited, you can apply for permanent residence.
Comprehensive Ranking System
The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) is the points-based system used by IRCC to assess and score your profile and rank you in the Express Entry pool.
The points you get from the CRS include a core set of points up to 600 and a set of additional points of up to 600. Your total score will be out of 1,200.
Core: Up to 600 points
- Skills and experience factors
- Spouse or common-law partner factors, such as their language skills and education
- Skills transferability, including education and work experience
Additional: Up to 600 points
- Canadian degrees, diplomas or certificates
- a valid job offer
- a nomination from a province or territory
- a brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident
- strong French language skills
Core points + Additional points = your total score
If you would like to see your score or your eligibility for Express Entry, please fill out our online assessment form.
You can contact us if you have already received your positive eligibility assessment for Express Entry, have been issued an ITA or if you are already in the Express Entry Pool and want to maximize your chances for the issuance of an ITA by applying through PNP Express Entry Streams or need a job offer from a Canadian employer.