You can Sponsor your Parents or Grandparents (PGP if they want to become permanent residents of Canada. As the PGP program is currently on hold, you are encouraged to bring your Parents or Grand-parents under Canada’s Super Visa Program.
- Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP)
- Parents and Grandparents Super Visa
The government of Canada has announced that you can not Sponsor your Parents or Grandparents (PGP) as the program is currently on hold. PGP Program would be announced soon. Meanwhile all interested applicants are encouraged to apply for a Super Visa.
Parents and Grandparents Super Visa provide a privilege to Parents and Grandparents of Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents to visit their children or grandchildren for consecutively up to 2 years without the need to renew their status. It’s a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years.
There is no date announced yet as to when the interest to sponsor form would be available to sponsor your parents. Keep checking the website and Facebook page of IRCC.
However, you need to prepare ahead because the form would be available for less than 10 minutes duration.
A complete Interest to Sponsor form requires the following information:
• The interested sponsor’s family name and given name(s) exactly as it is written on the proof of status in Canada document, they will have to submit along with the Interest to Sponsor form.
• Interested sponsor’s date of birth.
• The country or territory where the interested sponsor was born.
• The interested sponsor’s primary residential address (where they live)
o The interested sponsor must live in Canada.
o All fields must be completed, and the complete address provided.
• The interested sponsor’s email address.
• The number of family members in the interested sponsor’s family unit. (Sponsor’s family)
• The total number of persons to be sponsored, including their dependents (spouse, partner and children)
• Names of the parents and grandparents who would be sponsored.
• Date of birth of the parents and grandparents who would be sponsored.
• The interested sponsor’s proof of status in Canada document number.
• The interested sponsor’s electronic signature (they must type their name).
You cannot adjust your information once the Interest to Sponsor form has been submitted.
If you would like to know more about the opening of Parents or Grandparents Sponsorship Program (PGP) or want to apply for Super Visa, please call us at 1 (905-267-3331 or Contact Us or simply fill out our contact form.