The Canadian Permanent residents have to meet some Eligibility Criteria in order to become a Canadian Citizen.
To be eligible to become a Canadian citizen, you must meet the following Eligibility Criteria:
- be a permanent resident: you must have permanent resident (PR) status in Canada
- have lived in Canada for 3 out of the last 5 years: Adults and some minors must have been physically present in Canada for at least 1095 days during the five years right before the date you sign your application.
- have filed your taxes: You need to have filed taxes in Canada for at least 3 years during the 5 years right before the date you apply
- pass a test on your rights, responsibilities and knowledge of Canada: If you’re 18 to 54 years of age on the day you sign your application, you need to take the citizenship test. You’ll need to answer questions about the rights and responsibilities of Canadians and Canada’s, history, geography, economy, government, laws and symbols
- prove your language skills: you need to meet the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) Level 4 or higher
Please contact us if you want to file an application for Canadian Citizenship or need more information on Eligibility Criteria