Alberta Self-employed Farmer Stream is for high net worth Farm Owners who have training and work experience in Farm Management.
THe program is run and administered by the Alberta immigrant Nominee Program (AINP). Therefore, you need to apply to AINP. In order to qualify for Alberta Self-employed Farmer Stream, the high net worth farm owners must be able to invest a minimum of CDN $500,000 of equity in a primary production farming business in Alberta. You need to submit a proposed Business Plan because the priority is given to those applicants who are planning to invest in Alberta’s Agri-food industry.
Program Requirements for Alberta Self-employed Farmer stream
- Proof of financial documentation of an existing farm business
- Proof of documentation of education, training and work experience
- Proof of a proposed business plan for the farming enterprise you are considering in Alberta
- proof that a Canadian financial institution is willing to finance your proposed farming business
- proof of Sufficient financial resources
- proof of documents that show a minimum net worth of CDN $500,000.
The following individuals are not eligible under the AINP Self-Employed Farmer Stream:
- refugee claimants
- live-in caregivers currently living in Canada
- temporary foreign workers working and residing in a province other than Alberta
- international students studying in Canada
Please Contact us if you need more information or you want to start the application process.