Self-Employed Farmer Stream
This program is run and administered by the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP). This program is for high net worth Farm Owners who have training and work experience in Farm Management.
Applicants must be able to invest a minimum of CDN $500,000 of equity in a primary production farming business in Alberta. Applicants must document their investment plans in a proposed business plan. The priority is given to those applicants who are planning to invest in Alberta’s agri-food industry.
Applicants must provide the following:
- Proof of financial documentation of an existing farm business
- Proof of documentation of education, training and work experience
- Proof of a proposed business plan for the farming enterprise you are considering in Alberta
- proof that a Canadian financial institution is willing to finance your proposed farming business
- proof of Sufficient financial resources
- proof of documents that show a minimum net worth of CDN $500,000.
The following individuals are not eligible under the AINP Self-Employed Farmer Stream:
- refugee claimants
- live-in caregivers currently living in Canada
- temporary foreign workers working and residing in a province other than Alberta
- international students studying in Canada
Please send us an email at email@example.com or Contact us with your questions.